Pot brownies are one of the most classic desserts to make with marijuana. They are tasty, easy to make and don’t require any fancy ingredients.
All you need is your favourite bud and regular ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen.
Today, we address some of the most common questions surrounding pot brownies and give you an easy-to-make recipe for pot brownies recipe that you can prep at home.
It’s bomb. You’re welcome in advance.
Let’s make some brownies!
How Much Weed?
The best part of making homemade pot brownies is that it’s totally up to you to choose how much weed you add and how potent you want your brownies to be.
But before you start making your tasty edibles, you need one crucial ingredient, cannabis oil or cannabutter.
These two ingredients are staples for many cannabis recipes, and mastering even one of them will remove the hassle in the future when you decide to cook some delicious edibles.
Now that you have your cannabis-infused oil or butter prepared, you can easily use it when the recipe calls for it. If you also want to avoid cooking, try using an activated oil like distillates or already-infused oil with THC and CBD.
Distillates are extremely potent products that can contain THC concentrations as high as 99%. They are easily portioned out and have a specific THC or CBD percentage so that you know exactly how much you are consuming.
For example, Hooti Extracts distillate syringe has 1000 mg of distillate, meaning that you are getting 990 milligrams of THC. On average, the standard dose for an edible is usually 10 mg.
So, depending on how many yummy edibles you need, you should use the appropriate amount of distillate.
Let’s say you want to have some righteous bud with your buds and wish to make 12 pot brownies. That means you will use, on average, 120 mg of distillate.
That said, make sure you purchase cannabis products from a trusted dispensary to end up with a high-quality wacky tobacky that will get you the right amount of high to have you feeling all kinds of happy and relaxed.
And now for the main attraction. Allow us to pass our wisdom onto you. Here is an easy recipe to make simple, but still ridiculously tasty, pot brownies.
Pot Brownie – Step by Step Recipe
Here’s what you need to make potent, perfect, mouth-watering weed brownies:
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused oil or butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 cup of sugar (depending on how much of a sweet tooth you are, no judgement!)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts or chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 mint leaves, minced (optional, it’s great to offset the cannabis flavour)
- Make cannabis-infused oil or butter (follow these instructions on how to make DIY cannabutter or canna oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray or unsalted butter.
- Mix your flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs at low speed. Add canna oil or butter, beating for another 5 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in vanilla, walnuts, chopped pecans and mint, if using.
- Now it’s time to pour your mix into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. You can find out whether your brownies are done by poking them with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, you’re golden!
- Let the brownies cool slightly, cut them into pieces and serve. This is the part where you can officially get your munch on.
- You can also store the brownies for up to 2 days in a tightly-sealed plastic container or the refrigerator for up to a week.
How Much Cannabis Should You Use?
Getting the dosage right is the most critical part of the whole process. When making edibles with your favourite icky sticky, whether they be pot brownies, pot-infused cookies, or gummies, it is essential not to make them too strong.
How hard an edible hits will depend on your size, weight, and psychological state. It is also heavily dependent on how many tasty treats you’ve eaten and whether you used CBD or THC to make them.
CBD is not photoactive and does not get you high; therefore, you don’t have to worry as much if you’ve consumed too much CBD. However, when using THC products, the most commonly used ratio is a 1:1 ratio of weed to oil or butter.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when trying pot brownies:
Pot Brownies – Your Fun Way to Enjoy Weed
Pot brownies are a fun and easy edible to make alone or with friends if you’re looking to sweeten up a party or get-together, or just looking for a chill way to unwind.
All we suggest is making sure you have canna butter or oil before your cooking sesh to save time and avoid the hassle of an extra step in the baking (get it?) process. You can then use it to make even more recipes, such as cookies and gummies.
You know what they say, the more, the merrier!
Check out our selection of CBD recipes here and use it as an inspiration to make some tasty and healthy edibles.
Enjoy, and happy baking!