What’s THC oil? You’ve probably heard about CBD oil and its effects on alleviating seizures, anxiety and chronic pain, but where does THC oil enter into the equation?
Known for its psychoactive high and medical benefits, THC oil shows promise for both medicinal and recreational users alike for its ease of use, discreteness and potency.
Curious about what these values are? Keep on reading to find out more about THC oil!
What is THC?
Before we dive deep, let’s first start with the basics.
What is THC?
THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical compound from the cannabis plant responsible for most of the psychological effects, including highs and sensations.
Tetrahydrocannabinol is also known to change thinking, induce hallucinations and even cause delusions.
In order to produce its effects, THC binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors that are found in our endocannabinoid system. This binding allows tetrahydrocannabinol to have a range of effects on our body and mind known as ‘highs’.
CBD, on the other hand, is not known for producing the high associated with THC. Due to its low ability to bind with receptors found in our ECS, CBD is used for other purposes. For example, many people use it to help with depression, seizures, anxiety and pain, to name a few.
How is THC Oil Different From CBD oil?
As discussed before, CBD does not produce any psychoactive high and is mostly used as a medical product to improve the quality of health and life.
At the same time, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is known to be used as a stimulant to increase your energy and focus, improve mood and get the high we all know and love.
Similar to CBD, THC can be extracted from the cannabis plant in the form of oil or powder. Once extracted, it can be infused with your food or drinks, used in a variety of tasty recipes or can be put into capsules, tinctures or creams.
There are no limits on how you can use oil products. Whether you need to bake edibles or make a smoothie, you can always rely on cannabis oil to upgrade your meals.
Benefits of THC Oil
Here are some potential medical uses of THC that you need to learn about:
- Pain management: THC is known to reduce the pain associated with cancer. THC study on humans showed the cannabinoid’s ability to provide significant pain relief, calm your body and reduce anxiety levels.
- Glaucoma: THC has also been known to reduce intraocular pressure, a key contributor to glaucoma.
- Insomnia: A 2007 study found that THC reduced the time of REM sleep. Those who took THC were able to fall asleep faster and increase the time of their deep sleep.
- Appetite stimulant: Recent study has also found THC’s ability to stimulate the appetite. This significant finding can lead to new treatments for illness-induced anorexia and improving the quality of life of sick patients while also speeding recovery.
- Nausea: THC is used in the FDA-approved drug dronabinol to treat or prevent nausea and vomiting associated with cancer medicines.
- Anxiety: In 2017, it was found that small doses of THC could relieve stress and alleviate anxiety. Participants who were given 7.5 milligrams of THC reported less stress and improvement in their mood and health.
- Memory: In a study conducted on mice in 2012, it was found that THC might improve memory. The researchers found that old mice in the study experienced an improvement in cognitive functions after the animal was given small daily doses of THC.
Where to Find THC Oil?
As mentioned previously, THC oil is made by extracting it from the cannabis plant. Once the oil is extracted it can be used for various purposes, including baking food, infusing it in cannabis products such as edibles, capsules and drinks, and using it as it is.
If you are looking to purchase cannabis products in Canada, whether CBD or THC oil, cannabis edibles, topicals or capsules, consider going to a trusted dispensary. By doing so, you will ensure that you get high-quality cannabis oils, CBD and THC products and top-notch service.
Here are some examples of great THC oils:
Cherry Rick Simpson Oil
This oil originated from Rick Simpson in 2003 as a personal treatment for his skin cancer. According to Simpson’s experience, he applied his homemade THC extract directly to the cancerous moles, covered them with a bandage, and four days later, he discovered that the growths were gone.
While his claims remain under scrutiny by medical experts, his and many other patients’ anecdotal successes make Rick Simpson Oil worth trying.
Since then, Rick Simpson Oil has been used as a medical and recreational cannabis product that can be ingested, used as a topical or even smoked.
It can also be beneficial for those who struggle with insomnia, chronic pain, inflammation, arthritis, nerve pain and muscle spasms.
How to Use Rick Simpson Oil
Start by taking a dose that is half the size of short-grain dry rice two to three times daily. Then, after every four days for five weeks, you can double the dosage. By doing so, you will slowly build up a tolerance to muddle the effects of the tetrahydrocannabinol.
As a reminder, throughout 90 days, patients are encouraged to ingest approximately 60 grams of oil.
THC Honey Oil
Some of the incredible benefits of honey oil include reducing stress, eliminating pain and inflammation, stimulating the appetite and even reducing intraocular pressure, leading to improved vision.
This product can be consumed alone or infused with other products, including but not limited to, edibles, topicals, and vaporizer e-juice.
THC Oil vs CBD Oil: Which One to Choose?
Cannabis oil is an excellent food supplement and a natural remedy for many ailments.
While THC oil is known to produce a psychoactive high and change your mood, it can also be used to treat glaucoma, improve memory, fight cancer and prevent nausea. It can also be used to reduce stress and enhance your well-being, which is vital for health and fundamental to your life.
If you are looking for ways to medicate without highs, consider using CBD oil Canada. CBD is not psychoactive and can also be used to relieve pain, treat depression and other symptoms without psychoactive effects.
Both these cannabinoids will work in one way or another to achieve the results you are looking for. Enjoy!